Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A True Friend - 2

And let your best be for your friend.
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.
For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.


Continuing this tale of my friend, he would always listen to your problems. Never was a situation or a time when he would deny you. He would always pay heed to your problems no matter what. I remembered times when he would accompany us even when he was suffering with broken bones. There was not an instance when he would give us even an inkling of his suffering. Always he was cheerful and that kind of helped us get over our blues.

I wish I could get back to him or thank him for what he did for me in that brief period of camaraderie we had. I really yearn for those days, which unfortunately didnt last for long. Afterall the good things in life are short-lived.

When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.

No comments: